SA Bike Festival, the country’s largest motorcycle festival, returns to the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit for the third time, from 25 to 27 May 2018. This year each visitor has the chance to win a desirable custom Harley-Davidson, just by attending the festival. By Tracey Simpson.
Stoos Customs will be joining the SA Bike Festival this year to demonstrate a three-day live custom build on a Harley-Davidson Roadster. This unique motorcycle will be given away to one fortunate fest guest.
Stunts and charity
The SA Bike Festival wouldn’t be the same without Flight Night’s stunts, jumps and tricks from the hottest pilot riders. Freestyle Motocross (FMX) pumped full of pyrotechnics, phenomenal fire throwing, and beautiful Monster Ladies in the aerobatic experience that is Flight Night. The two thrilling evening events blast off at 18:00 on Friday and Saturday.
The Le Riche brothers, Brent “One Wheel” and Bruce “One Hip Wonder”, return with their mind-blowing Trial Biking Show… with an added twist. Jason Webb will join the duo in his Roush 5.0L supercharged V8 Mustang to delight spectators with a breathtaking 2-wheels vs 4-wheels drifting demo!
The Sunday charity ride follows a new route this year and still provides visitors the opportunity to ride the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit on their own motorcycles on 27 May. This year each participant can choose where his or her money goes. The festival continues its relationship with animal charity Claws and Paws, but visitors can also participate in the Rambo Blanket Drive. Proceeds for the latter will go towards purchasing blankets for local Gauteng communities.
All SA Bike Festival tickets include:
– A festival guide and a Dunlop lanyard
– Access to ride bikes from Husqvarna, Suzuki, Honda, Harley-Davidson, Zontes, Yamaha, Indian Motorcycles and KTM (and others) on an international race circuit (R100-R160 per ride)
– The opportunity to buy adventure ride-outs on a 2km off-road course, with guidance from experts. (R100 per ride)
– Grandstand seating to view Monster Energy’s night-time FMX stunt show Flight Night and the trial-biking duo, the Le Riche Brothers.
– Access to the Martini MotoGP Bar
– Access to and voting for the RocoMamas Custom, Vintage, Classic & Retro Motorcycle Championship, with international custom judge and builder from Germany, Frank Sander, and local classic expert, Robert Coutts from the 2-Stroke Club
– Flat-track racing and scooter and commuter testing for beginners
– Opportunity to “auction” your own motorcycle or buy a “nearly new” from the AutoTrader team.
– Learn-to-ride activities and training with the Harley-Davidson team.
Tickets range from R150 to R950 per person
Bike Routes and the SA Bike Fest offer visitors a special R50 saving on tickets. Use the promo code BIKEPR to save on the entrance fee. Find out more and book online at southafricabikefestival.com.
Times of special events
#FlightNight on the Starting Grid
Friday and Saturday at 18:00 and Sunday at 10:00
Le Riche Trial Biking vs Jason Webb Drift Show
Friday 15:00, Saturday 13:00 and Sunday 14:00
Brother Duo Le Riche Trial Biking Show
Friday 12:00, 15:00 and 17:00
Saturday 09:30, 13:00 and 16:00
Sunday 11:30, 13:00 and 16:30
The Stoos Custom prize giving will take place on Sunday 27 May at 16:00 on the new Monster Big Rig.